Monday 14 November 2011

Letsbuy.com - Should you really buy?

Ok. I am a hoarder. I don't delete things. I like them to be where i can easily access.
Unless and Until Indian broadband scene doesn't change, I am not going to stop.

I used up all my HDD space available to me here in Mysore, KA. So I was on the lookout for a nice external HDD deal. After all the floods and natural disasters in the Thai region, Prices skyrocketed.

And enter Letsbuy.com, a 2TB external Seagate HDD for 4800. Ebay and others were retailing for 6~7k. I applied a discount coupon and bought one along with a 16GB microSD for my tablet and a Portronics portable charger for my gadgets. My N97mini runs out in a day. So i needed one.

Purchase done on  7th November. Order no 585366. Prepaid. Called them up(Impatient) and i was assured a 24~48 hours shipping time frame. I called them on 8th(Impatient), again they said 24~48 hours. I was nervous.

On 9th November, I called them up. 24~48 hours. I wrote a mail to them. No reply. Today the HDD prices hiked in letsbuy.com. The same HDD is now 7800. Eeek!!!.

On 10th November I called and this time I was given the "Delivery in 4-7 working days" routine. This was getting ridiculous. No shipping details.

On 11th November I called again. Same "Delivery in 4-7 working Days". From the depths of google, I got letsbuy CEO's mail id. official i guess. Send a mail to it with a cc to the customer care. By 11am I got a call from a customer care manager assuring me miracles. He said I can expect the reply by evening. Why don't you take a wild guess whether he called or not? :)

Miracle happened though. On 12th November morning I got a mail from Letsbuy that item is shipped.
I was ecstatic. :) So happy and relieved.

On 13th I got a call from the manager and a mail from customer care saying the same. I was happy that I was done with these people.

On 14th, Today. I received the parcel from my company mail room with a kid getting his birthday present. I WAS SHOCKED. Only 2 items were there. The microSD and the charger. The slip was sealed as partial shipment. Check out the pics and the weight of the consignment.




Readily I called the customer care, 10 minute hold and I asked them WTF?. Again the useless answers by the drones. He said the manager will call me back. And he played innocent. No information was available to him. Is this a company that sells to the entire nation? What sort of departments do they run? I even mailed to the CEO. Does the management allows this kinda a process?

I was not even given the reason for partial shipment. I even asked him, Does the price increase is the reason. He said no idea what happened.

I am still sitting in front of my PC thinking what to do? what to think? Had to talk to someone. Or at least get it out.

@Letsbuy.com

What sort of stupid customer care do you run? I know that your policy is 4~7 working days. I need some more information. Thats why I call you, right?

And what about the hold time? This is not even a Toll free number. Our money and energy loss.

@CEO of Letsbuy.com

I read you are some sort of entrepreneur with big dreams and ambitions. Does running a company like this one of them? At least treat us thinking that you took the money from us.

I dont know who I am writing this for. Just wanted this to be out in open thats all.

m-Jeri.
























No comments:

Post a Comment